The Master in Finance helps high-level executives and entrepreneurs to obtain and translate theoretical concepts to manage real world business challenges. As a student in the program, you will be taught by a renowned faculty and be surrounded by a diverse group of carefully-selected, experienced professionals who will help you develop critical thinking skills, judgment and knowledge to make the best possible decisions in solving sophisticated problems in investment and finance.
- Program Location
- Santa Fe
- Ciudad de México
- Program Format
- Full Time
- Part Time
Class Schedule: 18:30 to 22:00 hours
Admissions: Anually in January, April and September
- Professional Experience
Minimum of two years.
Recent graduates are welcome to apply to the program (see Admissions Requirements)
- Dual Degree
- International Study
- A strong foundation in the principles and practice of finance.
- A substantial base of new concepts and knowledge and new skills, analytical tools and perspectives to give you a sound basis for financial decision-making.
- Dual-degree options with prestigious international universities and elective curriculum options for international courses in the USA and Europe.
- Dual-degree study in Mexico. You can study the Finance and Banking degree at the the Pompeu Fabra University in Spain, with the attendance of Pompeu Fabra faculty in Mexico.
- The option to study for the Certified Finance Planner (CFP) certification conferred by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP, Board) in the United States.
- Flexible, customized learning, tailored to suit your needs - the program is available in both full-time and part-time evening formats with an extensive range of electives and concentrations.
- Accounting and finance areas in medium and large companies.
- Banking and financial services institutions.
- Entrepreneurial enterprises.
- Public sector institutions, government, national or international, related to the finance industry.
*Elective courses may be taken within the following concentration areas:
1.- Investment Management
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Risk Management (Market)
- Financial Risk Management (Credit and Working Capital)
- Financial Analysis for the Evaluation of Companies and Shares
- Financial Engineering
- Debt Instruments
2.- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Bank Management
- Microfinance Management
- Risk Management
- Consumer Credit
- Business Credit
- Financing Options
- Marketing for Financial Institutions
3.- Corporate Finance
- Working Capital Management
- Investment Project Evaluation
- Financing Options
- Mergers and Acquisitions
NOTE: The differences between the full-time and part-time modality of the program are minimal and are mostly defined by the number of courses taken per trimester. Part-time students may take 1 to 3 subjects per trimester and full-time students take 4 subjects per trimester.
- You will have all the advantages of taking a leading finance course in Mexico City, Latin America´s leading financial center.
- You will acquire a toolkit of highly transferrable financial skills that can be translated for immediate use in your professional work.
- The EGADE Business School is recognized by América Economía magazine (Ranking MBAs: 2010) as the leading school in Mexico for its specialty in Finance.
- As a recent graduate entering the program or a more experienced finance professional, you willl receive a vanguard education with practical application
The faculty of the Master in Finance program in Mexico City is comprised of outstanding teachers and researchers with extensive practical experience in the international financial services industry.
- MBA Pedro Aldrete Vergara
- Lic. Ramón Alfonso Mata
- MBA Ramón Amargant
- María Margareta Beján, PhD
- Guillermo Benavides Perales, PhD
- Xavier Brun, PhD
- MBA Roberto Cuarón Ibangüengoytia
- Álvaro de Garay Arellano, PhD
- Mauricio de la Maza Ambell, PhD
- Oscar Elvira, PhD
- Xavier Freixas, PhD
- Andoni Garritz Cruz, PhD
- José Gómez Villarreal, PhD
- MBA Miguel Ángel Gutiérrez Banegas
- Lic. David Igual
- Lic. Pablo Larraga
- Ricardo Mansilla Corona, PhD
- Jorge Arturo Morelos Fierros, PhD
- Ali M. Parhizgari, PhD
- MBA Patrick F. Peters
- MBA Miquel Planiol
- Xavier Puig i Pla, PhD
- Javier Pulido Cejudo, PhD
- Ing. Álvaro R. Ramírez
- Elias Ramírez Ramírez, PhD
- Igor P. Rivera, PhD
- Vicente Quesada, PhD
- Gerardo Salazar Viezca, PhD
- Roberto Joaquín Santillán Salgado, PhD
- Humberto Valencia Herrera, PhD
- MBA Antonio Valls
- Eduardo Zelaya de la Parra, PhD
The Master in Finance program offers an important dual degree with the following prestigious Universities:
- University Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain
- Pepperdine University, California, USA
- University of San Diego, California, USA
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
Summer programs are also available at the following partner institutions:
- Instituto de Empresa, Madrid, Spain
- University of Applied Science, Fribourg, Switzerland
- North American Summer School for Advanced Management (NASSAM) with the participation of the University of Texas, San Antonio and the University of Calgary, Canada.