The MBA in Global Business & Strategy of EGADE Business School is a dual-degree program with the Belk College of Business of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and offered exclusively in Monterrey. The program prepares executives to practice in a multi-cultural environment with the capacity to define and implement business strategies, which generate competitive advantages in international organizations.
- Program Location
- Program Format
Full-time / Part-time
Executive Sessions (The Belk College of Business, University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
Duration of the program: 1.5 to 2.5 years
- Professional Experience
Minimum of three years
- Dual Degree
- International Study
- Develop skills needed to build successful businesses in a growing globalized world.
- Provide the ideal environment for interaction, open discussion and mutual enrichment of leadership skills required in global organizations.
- Encourage the capacity to lead change processes and organizational transformation.
- Equip with tools, strategies and experience to succeed on a global stage.
- Enhance the analytical tools for decision making in a changing and ever more complex business world.
Program Study Plan
Faculty from EGADE Business School, Monterrey and The Belk College of Business offers jointly The MBA-GBS program. It is a 55 credit-hour program, consisting of three MBA prerequisite courses, eleven MBA core courses, four courses specialized in Global Business and Strategy, plus a seminar.
The course listing of the program is as follows:
MBA Core Courses
Concentration in Global Business and Strategy
* Prerequisite courses can be optionally waived passing the corresponding placement test.
** Consulting projects can be carried out during company internships, in line with school policies.
The MBA-GBS is offered as a Full - Time or Part - Time program. Both programs share class sessions allowing the networking to take place among international full - time students and those who are working while taking the MBA-GBS. This dynamic enriches the learning experience by complementing the global perspective with the practical approach of the program.
Courses taught by EGADE Business School faculty are offered once per week (Monday to Thursday, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.). Courses taught by The Belk College-UNCC faculty include three weekend sessions (Friday 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and four weekday videoconferences.
Videoconferences are used for introduction sessions, discussion sessions and exam applications. The schedule of weekend sessions and videoconferences is provided at the beginning of every term.
|January-March||4 courses + legal seminar|
|January-March||2 courses + legal seminar|
* Programs beginning on January follow a similar course program, with two classes every trimester (January, April and September) and one course during summer terms (July).
Assuming the student registers in the pre - requisite courses.
The MBA in Global Business and Strategy gives new direction to students’ careers by providing them with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in a global business environment. It seeks to develop executives for leadership positions capable of defining business strategies and guidelines in order to create a competitive advantage within international and complex organizations or within their own organizations.
The MBA in Global Business and Strategy has provided graduates with:
- Necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in a global business environment.
- Ability to effectively analyze problems, think strategically and build strong global organizations.
- New knowledge, insights and competencies to apply and grow in their professional context.
- A truly global network of contacts from diverse industries, sectors and countries.
- New knowledge, insights and competencies to apply in their professional context.
- Career Services Center, which offers career placement services and developing students’ soft skills.
The faculty of the MBA in Global Business and Strategy represents outstanding teachers, consultants and researchers with extensive practical and academic experience in the global business context. Professors from EGADE Business School and The Belk College of Business have real-world business and consulting experience in more than 28 countries and all holding doctoral degrees from world-class universities. Through applied research, the faculty has made significant intellectual contributions to business, government and the academic community.
The combined experience and expertise of every member of the EGADE Business School and Belk College of Business faculty are important aspects of the reputation and international standing of the MBA in Global Business and Strategy.Our faculty provide our students with time solid, relevant and balanced theory-practice experience through the combination in the classroom of an experienced faculty and recognized business leaders. This team-teaching and theory-practice experience promotes the generation of applied knowledge in a process that brings students into close contact with international academic networks which expose them to the principal trends, challenges, opportunities and leading-edge management practices for leadership in the manufacturing sector.
The MBA in Global Business and Strategy is an international program that provides a multicultural setting where students can build an international network of contacts with a diverse academic and cultural background, creating an ideal environment for interaction, open discussion and mutual enrichment of leadership skills required in global organizations. Students attend classes with professors from EGADE Business School in Monterrey and also the Belk College of Business, interacting with professionals from North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
EGADE Business School has a well-developed international profile, which has been achieved over time through its investment in the internationalization of its academic offer, in the attraction of international faculty to teach at the school, in the profile of students studying at the school and in the global vision that the school promotes in the delivery of its academic programs.
In the MBA in Global Business and Strategy we give our students the chance to study abroad during 1 semester at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and offer them a number of international internships with the following institutions:
- OECD (Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development), France (1 semester)
- Representation of Mexico in the OECD, France (1 semester)
- Viva Santé, France (1 semester
- Infosys, India (Summer)