To be part of this international program, students must be admitted by both universities, EGADE Business School Monterrey and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Upon completion of the program students obtain an MBA degree from each university.
Additionally, graduates from this program receive a certificate in Global Business and Strategy jointly issued by EGADE Business School Monterrey and the Belk College of Business.
The diverse academic and cultural background of the student body creates the ideal environment for interaction, open discussion and mutual enrichment of leadership skills required in global organizations.
The "lockstep" schedule of the courses of the program fosters the creation of deep bonds among the students, creating a solid international contact network.
- Program Location
- Program Format
Class Schedule: Executive Education Schedules
- Professional Experience
Minimum of three years
- Dual Degree
- International Study
- Encourage the capacity of the student to lead change processes and organizational transformation.
- Educate persons able to generate sustainable value to the organization within several contexts of countries and regions.
- Develop in the students the knowledge and the skills for designing and implementing solutions to complex problems using analytical methods through commitment, leadership, determination and sense of duty, added to ethical reasoning and complemented with the use of new technologies.
- Educate persons with a creative and innovative thinking through the exposure to new ideas and knowledge, broadening vision, perspective of leadership and exposure to a multicultural environment in order to develop a collaborative work environment.
- Develop candidates for positions of leadership in global and complex organizations with a style characterized with vision, comprehensiveness, transformation and humanitarism of individuals able to interact with specialists from all the areas of the company to define business strategies that help create competitive advantages.
- Educate persons with abilities in the application and promotion of team work producing interdisciplinary work, besides developing the capability of strategic thinking in order to understand the organization´s systems and the industry as a whole.
Program Study Plan
Faculty from EGADE Business School, Monterrey and The Belk College of Business offers jointly The MBA-GBS program. It is a 55 credit-hour program, consisting of three MBA prerequisite courses, eleven MBA core courses, four courses specialized in Global Business and Strategy, plus a seminar.
The course listing of the program is as follows:
MBA Core Courses
Concentration in Global Business and Strategy
* Prerequisite courses can be optionally waived passing the corresponding placement test.
** Consulting projects can be carried out during company internships, in line with school policies.
The MBA-GBS is offered as a Full - Time or Part - Time program. Both programs share class sessions allowing the networking to take place among international full - time students and those who are working while taking the MBA-GBS. This dynamic enriches the learning experience by complementing the global perspective with the practical approach of the program.
Courses taught by EGADE Business School faculty are offered once per week (Monday to Thursday, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.). Courses taught by The Belk College-UNCC faculty include three weekend sessions (Friday 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and four weekday videoconferences.
Videoconferences are used for introduction sessions, discussion sessions and exam applications. The schedule of weekend sessions and videoconferences is provided at the beginning of every term.
|January-March||4 courses + legal seminar|
|January-March||2 courses + legal seminar|
* Programs beginning on January follow a similar course program, with two classes every trimester (January, April and September) and one course during summer terms (July).
Assuming the student registers in the pre - requisite courses.
Be part of the MBA-GBS program and:
- Obtain two MBA degrees from two internationally accredited universities.
- Receive a certificate in Global Business and Strategy issued by EGADE Business School Monterrey and The Belk College of Business.
- Attend a double degree program completely taught at Monterrey, one of the best places in Latin America to do business.
- Learn from renowned professors from two outstanding universities.
- Develop a professional network with students from different countries.
- Have the opportunity to attend UNCC for one term. Charlotte, NC, is the second largest center of U.S.
The cornerstone of the MBA-GBS program is its faculty. Professors from EGADE Business School Monterrey and The Belk College of Business have real-world business and consulting experience in more than 28 countries and all holding doctoral degrees from world class universities. Through applied research, the faculty has made significant intellectual contributions to business, government and the academic community.
- MSc Juan Arriaga Múzquiz
- Rubén Sergio Alanís Villareal, Ph.D.
- Gabriel Barraza Enríquez, Ph.D.
- Tammy Beck, Ph.D.
- Sak Bhamornsiri, Ph.D.
- Alan Blankley, Ph.D.
- Agustín Buendía Espinosa, Ph.D.
- Fred Campbell, Ph.D.
- Marcia Estela Campos Serna, Ph.D.
- Jack Cathey, Ph.D.
- John Connaughton, Ph.D.
- Martha Corrales Estrada, Ph.D.
- Raymundo Cruz Rodríguez, Ph.D.
- María Josefina Cárdenas Nolasco, B.Sc.
- Raquel Minerva Castaño González, Ph.D.
- Elisa Cobas Flores, Ph.D.
- Anabella del Rosario Dávila Martínez, Ph.D.
- Peter Davis, Ph.D.
- Ernesto Delgado, B.A.
- Héctor René Díaz Sáenz, Ph.D.
- Nabil Elias, Ph.D.
- Sunil Erevelles, Ph.D.
- Ricardo Flores Zambada, Ph.D.
- Alejandro Fonseca Ramírez, Ph.D.
- Consuelo García de la Torre, Ph.D.
- Luis García-Calderón Díaz, Ph.D.
- Oscar Garza Garza, Ph.D.
- Rómulo González, Ph.D.
- Sandra Patricia González Lozano, M.Sc.
- Nicolás Gutiérrez Garza, Ph.D.
- Jared M. Hansen, Ph.D.
- Andreas Michael Hartmann, Ph.D.
- Olivia del Roble Hernández Pozas, Ph.D.
- Bryan Husted Corregan , Ph.D.
- Alejandro Ibarra Yúnez, Ph.D.
- Jorge Aurelio Ibarra Salazar, Ph.D.
- David Kerr, Ph.D.
- Gary Kohut, Ph.D.
- Moutaz Khouja, Ph.D.
- Ram Kumar, Ph.D.
- Gerardo Lozano Fernández, Ph.D.
- Ernesto Lozano Martínez, Ph.D.
- Daniel Maranto Vargas, Ph.D.
- Carlos Ruy Martínez Martínez, Ph.D.
- Ben Nunnally, Ph.D.
- Guadalupe Angélica Ochoa Setzer, Ph.D.
- Jorge Ramón Pedroza Villareal, Ph.D.
- Doug Pugh, Ph.D.
- Claudia María Quintanilla Domínguez, Ph.D.
- Claudia Ramos Garza, Ph.D.
- Javier Francisco Reynoso Javier, Ph.D.
- Alberto Rodríguez Rodríguez, Ph.D.
- Carlos Romero Uscanga, Ph.D.
- Judson Russell, Ph.D.
- Luis Humberto Santacruz Medina, Ph.D.
- Roberto Joaquín Santillán Salgado, Ph.D.
- Rosa María Sánchez Cantú, Ph.D.
- Cem Saydam, Ph.D.
- Carlos Serrano Salazar, Ph.D.
- Peter Schwarz, Ph.D.
- Jorge Homero Sierra Cavazos, Ph.D.
- Nicholas Philip Sisto, Ph.D.
- Eddy Souffrant, Ph.D.
- Kevin Toomb, Ph.D.
- Federico Trigos Salazar, Ph.D.
- Lou Trosch, Ph.D.
- Tony Stylianou, Ph.D.
- Olivia Yolanda Villalba Moreno, Ph.D.
- Héctor Viscencio Brambila, Ph.D.
- Jorge Alberto Wise Lozano, Ph.D.
Dual Degree & International Course Options
The Belk College of Business – UNCC
The University of North Carolina has a rich heritage of academic excellence. Chartered in 1789, UNC was the first public university in the United States and the only one to graduate students in the eighteenth century. Today the UNC is a multi-campus university composed of 16 constituent institutions.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is the fourth largest of the 16 campi, with 21,000 students. Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina and the 26th largest urban metropolis in the United States. Charlotte is the second largest banking center in the U.S. and headquarters of Bank of America and Wachovia Corporation. UNC Charlotte is the only Doctoral/Research University - Intensive in the Charlotte region.
The primary commitment of UNC Charlotte is to extend educational opportunities and to ensure success for qualified students of diverse backgrounds through informed and effective teaching in the liberal arts and sciences and in select professional programs offered through its seven colleges, and through programs and services designed to support students’ intellectual and personal development.
UNC Charlotte has been educating future business leaders since 1965. Today, with nearly 3,300 undergraduate students, 400 graduate students, 85 full-time faculty and more than 14,000 alumni, The Belk College of Business is one of the Carolinas’ largest business programs. Accredited by AACSB International, The Belk College of Business serves the people of the Charlotte region and the State of North Carolina, as well as selected national and international communities, through the delivery of undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration and related interdisciplinary fields and through the development and dissemination of new knowledge. Through continuous improvement, the College seeks to maintain high standards in its programs and its intellectual contributions.