The Master in Finance degree offers students a variety of program options to enrich the postgraduate experience, including international exchange possibilities with prestigious universities around the world or the opportunity to earn a dual degree.
- Program Location
- Program Format
Class Schedule: Monday through Friday 18:00 to 21:30 hours
- Professional Experience
Minimum of two years
- Dual Degree
- International Study
- Train high level executives with a solid theoretical and practical understanding of finance, with ethical values, and critical thinking abilities, who are capable of interacting with different functional areas in multinational corporations.
- Stimulate meaningful reflection about the application of ethics and critical thinking in the financial industry.
- Train students to make the best financial decisions and strategically approach sophisticated investment and financing challenges.
- Supply tools for students to increase an organization's competitiveness and efficient management.
- Accounting and finance areas in medium and large companies in the manufacturing or services sector.
- Businesses from the financial sector.
- Official institutions, national or international, related to the finance industry.
The Master in Finance degree at the EGADE Business School Monterrey is the only program of its kind in Mexico to have accreditation from the Programa Nacional de Posgrado de Calidad Conacyt (PNPC).
Our students are able to become members of the Mexican Institute for Finance Executives through the University Chapter, and the EGADE Business School's accreditation with the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute allows our students to become certified finance specialists.
Program Study Plan
The Master in Finance helps students to attain a global perspective in the finance industry, due to the program's focus on international finance. This perspective will be useful in many different economic environments around the world. The following table describes a typical study plan for an Master in Finance student.
|Course Category||Course Name|
Hallmark Courses (choose one)
* Note: These courses are chosen in accordance with the student's concentration area
Students can attain credits for pre-requisite courses by taking a placement exam at the beginning of their first semester, or the courses can be taken as part of the degree study plan, depending on the student.
Pre-requisite courses are not taken for a grade that will count as part of the grade point average.
The Master in Finance offers the following degree concentration areas:
- Banking and financial institutions
- Corporate finance
- Innovation and business models
Upon graduation, our students benefit from the EGADE Business School's prestigious reputation in the financial sector, and they achieve excellent development opportunities in the banking and investment industries, in corporate finance, and government and social agencies.
The Master in Finance prepares students to work at multilateral institutions, central banks, regulatory agencies, and stock exchanges, as well as government finance agencies, and international organizations such as the International Monetary Fund or the World Bank.
Our graduates are trained to interact with every business area in the public or private sector in order to effectively design and implement strategies that will help an organization to accomplish its objectives.
Students will graduate with the skills they need to work in many different types of manufacturing or service oriented organizations, in finance, treasury, comptrollership, strategic planning, and as managers and directors.
Our graduates are committed to making ethical decisions in order to create sustainable values in the organizations where they work, and in the communities where they operate.
The faculty of the Master in Finance program in Monterrey represents outstanding teachers and researchers with extensive practical experience in the international financial services industry.
- Aldo Torres, PhD
- Alejandro Fonseca Ramírez, PhD
- Carlos Serrano Salazar, PhD
- Consuelo García de la Torre, PhD
- Eduardo Ochoa, PhD
- Gregorio Vázquez, PhD
- Guadalupe Ochoa, PhD
- Héctor Viscencio, PhD
- Homero Zambrano, PhD
- Humberto Guevara, PhD
- Javier Francisco Reynoso Javier, PhD
- Luis García-Calderón Díaz, PhD
- Miguel Moreno, PhD
- Norma Alicia Hernández Perales, PhD
- Olivia del Roble Hernández, PhD
- Ramiro Hernández, PhD
- Roberto J Santillán Salgado, PhD
- Rocío Gómez-Tagle Rangel, PhD
Globalization requires that today's business leaders prepare themselves to face new challenges from an international perspective.
International exchange programs provide students at the EGADE Business School with a unique opportunity to spend one academic period abroad in order to complement their classroom studies with an intercultural business experience.
The EGADE Business School also offers students the opportunity to obtain a dual degree from prestigious institutions like:
- Tulane University
- Claremont Graduate University
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Pepperdine University
- University of San Diego
Some of the benefits of the dual degree program include receiving a separate diploma from both institutions in a reduced period of time (fewer semesters than earning two degrees from each university), studying in two countries, and learning about another culture.
CEMS, Community of European Management Schools
The EGADE Business School Monterrey is the only business school in Mexico that belongs to CEMS, an educational organization that brings prestigious universities and businesses together from inside and outside Europe.
The CEMS study plan requires students to enroll in 10 courses at the EGADE Business School Monterrey plus 65 CEMS credits (the equivalent of 8 EGADE Business School courses) in two of the member business schools, plus an international internship.
Students may also visit other countries to take CEMS seminars at partner universities to learn about the economic and business environments of a variety of international cultures.
To learn more, visit www.cems.org